Wednesday, October 7, 2009

24+ hours

I feel like "this is Nebraska's true test" has been used too often.

But, this is the real deal.  Nebraska is playing a team they should beat, a team that is ranked in the top 25, a conference foe (even North foe), a rivalry game, a national televised premiere game on the road.  For once, they don't need to hope the other team plays poorly.

I still believe Nebraska is a better team then Virginia Tech, who is ranked very high.  However, I'd take this loss over any Big 12 loss.  The goal for this year is the Big 12 Championship Game and the road starts tomorrow night in Columbus.

Forecast is rain, lots of it.  At first, I was a little scared.  Then I realized this probably helps Nebraska, if anything.  They don't rely on as heavy of a pass attack as the Tigers do.  Nebraska can pound the ball and not need to pass as much.  This isn't saying that the Tigers can't run, but with Nebraska's defense, I feel like it will be harder for them.

Look for a preview later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment